One of my favourite things to do is make a recipe under pressure - it's 7pm, you have I have NO idea what's for dinner yet and I have to rustle something up before 7.30 so we're not starving and eating chips and cheese for dinner, but we don't have much in the kitchen.
That's when something like this Corn Pancake comes along (and is also a great opportunity to show you how I quickly style the same dish in a couple of different ways for a client).
SIMPLE CORN PANCAKE
- 2 cans of corn kernels, drained
- 2 small onions, diced & fried off
- 1 crushed garlic clove, fried for a minute with the onions before taking off the heat
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp smokey paprika
- 1/2 a cup of wholemeal flour (or spelt, or rye, or rice got gluten free)
- A handful of dill, roughly chopped
- Grated mozzarella and parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix everything together and then fry in a medium frying pan like a giant thick pancake, finishing under the grill (adding the cheese on top for the last 2 minutes under the grill).
Serve with yoghurt or sour cream, spring onion, more paprika, chilli and lime.
Tag me @natalie.zee on Instagram if you give it a go.